About IMRoycer81

Richmond, Virginia, United States
Thanks for visiting! I'm a civil litigator at KPMLaw. I attended Cornell where I swam IM and Breastroke. In 2007 I filled the void of swimming retirement with triathlon. In my first tri I thought, "holy sh*t this is painful" and "when can I do it again?" Things escalated quickly and my first half iron was in Augusta 2009 and my first full iron was Louisville 2011. Since 2007 I've been chasing a dream of qualifying for the World Champs in Kona, Hawaii. Prior to September 2017 this blog focused on attempts (and failures) to achieve an elusive KQ. I got the monkey off my back in my 10th Ironman at Chattanooga in 2017. I was fortunate to qualify again in 2022. There is always room to improve, and I look forward to putting in the work to become a consistent podium finisher. I couldn't do any of this without my amazing family. I am lucky to train in a fantastic triathlon town with inspirational athletes. My job, training, and daughters keep me busy, but I update as often as I can. I'm always willing to share the knowledge I've picked up along the way. Thanks for reading!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

I hate the trainer

This weekend's workouts call for a 3 hour bike ride today and a 90 minute ride tomorrow.  Unfortunately, this is what our radar looks like.  I was hoping that we would get a clearing this afternoon so I could sneak outside but it is not looking good.  I have been spoiled with recent warm weather and outdoor riding and the thought of sitting on the trainer is making it tough to get motivated.   Time to suck it up and mentally prepare myself for a really long weekend on the trainer.



1 comment:

  1. Proud of you, stay mentally tuff and enjoy the journey, youth and superman status is a very fleeting part of life. Love Ya Pa !

    ReplyDelete