About IMRoycer81

Richmond, Virginia, United States
Thanks for visiting! I'm a civil litigator at KPMLaw. I attended Cornell where I swam IM and Breastroke. In 2007 I filled the void of swimming retirement with triathlon. In my first tri I thought, "holy sh*t this is painful" and "when can I do it again?" Things escalated quickly and my first half iron was in Augusta 2009 and my first full iron was Louisville 2011. Since 2007 I've been chasing a dream of qualifying for the World Champs in Kona, Hawaii. Prior to September 2017 this blog focused on attempts (and failures) to achieve an elusive KQ. I got the monkey off my back in my 10th Ironman at Chattanooga in 2017. I was fortunate to qualify again in 2022. There is always room to improve, and I look forward to putting in the work to become a consistent podium finisher. I couldn't do any of this without my amazing family. I am lucky to train in a fantastic triathlon town with inspirational athletes. My job, training, and daughters keep me busy, but I update as often as I can. I'm always willing to share the knowledge I've picked up along the way. Thanks for reading!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Breakthrough Run

Today's plan called for a 90 minute run with a 30 minute half iron pace interval at the 45 minute mark.  I must say that this run was a bit of a break through.  My runs lately have been feeling pretty sluggish and I have been experiencing quite a bit a back pain originating in my SI joints.  In fact, I recently had to take a week off from running to try and get my back pain under control.  Today was a breakthrough in that I was able to run relatively pain free, and hold a really strong pace on my 30 minute interval (6:49/mile).  I'm excited about the shamrock half marathon next weekend and this run gives me confidence to think that I can achieve my goal of doing my first sub 1:30 half marathon.  Now off to a dinner date with my lovely wife.

Check out the garmin file from my run
Untitled by ivyswimmer23 at Garmin Connect - Details

1 comment:

  1. Hey Spark, great news on the run, fast for this early in the season, will follow you all the way !

    ReplyDelete