About IMRoycer81

Richmond, Virginia, United States
Thanks for visiting! I'm a civil litigator at KPMLaw. I attended Cornell where I swam IM and Breastroke. In 2007 I filled the void of swimming retirement with triathlon. In my first tri I thought, "holy sh*t this is painful" and "when can I do it again?" Things escalated quickly and my first half iron was in Augusta 2009 and my first full iron was Louisville 2011. Since 2007 I've been chasing a dream of qualifying for the World Champs in Kona, Hawaii. Prior to September 2017 this blog focused on attempts (and failures) to achieve an elusive KQ. I got the monkey off my back in my 10th Ironman at Chattanooga in 2017. I was fortunate to qualify again in 2022. There is always room to improve, and I look forward to putting in the work to become a consistent podium finisher. I couldn't do any of this without my amazing family. I am lucky to train in a fantastic triathlon town with inspirational athletes. My job, training, and daughters keep me busy, but I update as often as I can. I'm always willing to share the knowledge I've picked up along the way. Thanks for reading!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

That Was Stupid!

The name of this post sums up my ride today perfectly.  I was supposed to do a controlled 2 hour recovery ride after throttling myself yesterday at the Monument 10k.  I decided to go out for a group ride on the Richmond Rox Half Ironman course.  I ended getting caught up in a small group and we freaking hammered the course.  Definitely was not the smartest move as I was already on tired legs.  Now my legs are cinder blocks.  On a positive note, I did beat my fastest half ironman bike leg split which is a pretty good sign this early in the season.  I enjoyed the course which is flat and fast and I am definitely going to plan on doing this race after Louisville.  It will be fun to have a half here in our hometown and I should be able to put up a pretty good time.  However, I may come to regret this effort during this week's workouts.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome play by play of the monument and subsequest killer bike ride, You are a tuff competitor, keep up the great work, I smell the Kona coffee brewing.

    ReplyDelete